Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Bible Is A Lie (And other things your kids hear)


My daughter's friend was here yesterday for hours. In fact, she's a neighbor of ours, and about 3 years older than Erin. Erin is 7.

Each day I pray with my children before they leave for school. I tell them constantly how magnificent God is. How REAL he is. How he is responsible for every breath that they take and that any minute now he's going to ruffle their hair. I am forever telling them that He can do Anything they ask of Him in faith and that He will always do what is best, even if they don't think so at the time. My goal in life is to leave a legacy of faith and amazing reliance on the Grace of Jesus that my children will want nothing more in their lives.

But, my daughter's friend told her yesterday that God "isn't real" and that "the Bible is a lie."

When I asked Erin what her response was, she said:

"I was drawing a picture of the Bible. I told her that God was real and that all you have to do is look out the window to know that!"

Cool.

No comments: