Friday, November 17, 2006

Back To School!


So, I am finally taking the plunge back into school. It has only taken me fifteen years and a lot of avoidance to finally get off my tuckus and figure out what it is that God has been calling me to. I have loved my nursing profession but it is just not what my whole life is about. I love the job I have now in sales (yes, Jon, I do) and I don't want to ever not do that. In fact, I think I'd have a pretty good head for business given half a chance and would love it. I like making money and working and all those things and I am not ashamed to say it. I could be content to work in the business world forever.

However, in my personal life, God has been whacking me over the head very very firmly for a few months. I have shared before about my relentless pursuit of my God and how much I want to know him and serve him and live under his covenant and grace. So....I am headed back to school to pursue a degree in Religious Studies with the idea of some day doing some chaplaincy work. Maybe on a volunteer basis. Maybe getting the classes to just deepen my own faith and stretch my soggy brain a bit. I really don't know what the final picture holds. I just know that it's now or never, said He, and so here I go.

There! I have said it out loud, so now I must follow through! I will be doing this online through Regent University, which is not my first choice for schools, by all means, but is the only one that offers what I want completely online. I'd like to get enough under my belt that I can then perhaps attend class in a classroom locally, there just isn't much around.

So....since so little actually happens in my life, here's one more thing to add to my list!

Pray for me please. I may or may not make it through this with the patience that I need without prayer support (and offers of babysitting on occasion!) I'll be working full time, being a mommy, daughter, wife, friend, and student. No problem!!! AAARRRRGGHHH! But, if you know me at all, you know that I thrive on a little chaos.

I'll keep you posted. This starts in January.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Audrey,
Blessings in your new study venture.
brian